while the result affects the viewer
Art provides me an opportunity to meditate, to laugh and to experiment. Art is found in both the process and result. It is the process that enriches the artist while the result affects the viewer for better or worse. My work starts with a simple brush stroke, which evolves into a painting. Sometimes planned, but often appearing organically out of the process, whether meditating, playing, or just experimenting.
My paintings are consuming in nature, capturing space and demanding time. However, the time given to these works always rewards. If the result pleases the viewer, well, better still. My artistic philosophy is to create art that gives me pleasure in the doing, and to others in the viewing. I consider my work to be meditative and thought provoking.
- 1970’s Juried exhibitions at the St. Louis Artists Guild
- 2004 – Art in the Metroplex
- 2006 – Art in the Metroplex
- 2007 – Art in the Metroplex
- 2010 – Hecho en Dallas
- 2011 – Hecho en Dallas
- 2011 – One man show at the Fort Worth Community Arts Center
- 2013 – The Conscious Collective Show at the WAAS Gallery in Dallas
- Mike Mahler
- 1011 S. Broadway, Suite 220
- Carrollton, TX 75006
Country : USA
eMail : firstname.lastname@example.org